As one of the leading online Chinese learning sites, Arch Chinese
provides a rich set of tools and resources to help Chinese teachers and learners to teach and learn the language.
On Arch Chinese
, you can:
- View Stroke order animations for ALL Chinese characters defined in the national standard character set of mainland China and 8,000 frequently-used characters in the traditional Chinese character set for the Taiwan and Hong Kong standard.
- Listen to high-quality, native-speaker recordings for every character, stroke of the characters, word (character compound), and example sentence in the system! We strongly believe that while learning a new language, the learners should listen to authentic, human voices, not machine-generated or synthetic voices.
- Design Character writing worksheets with stroke sequences, radicals, English definitions, and Pinyin in a PDF format for offline handwriting practice. With one click, you can instantly generate worksheets for more than 100 characters at a time . The worksheets are highly customizable. You can add your own clip art images and provide custom definitions in English, Russian, Japanese, French, Spanish, or any language you prefer.
- Print Printable Chinese character flashcards for offline studying.
- Quickly make customized Mandarin Chinese words or sentence worksheets for your classes or children using our Chinese Word Worksheet Generator.
- Print Chinese word flashcards.
- Use the Chinese-English dictionary to help learners look up characters, words, and example sentences. You can search using fuzzy Pinyin (Pinyin without tones), Pinyin with tone numbers, Pinyin with tone marks, the Chinese Pinyin Table, Cantonese Jyutping pronunciation, Chinese character radicals, English words, English phrases, English sentences, English sentence fragments, Chinese characters, Chinese phrases, or Chinese sentence fragments. Furthermore, you can mix English, Chinese characters and phrases, and Pinyin in your search queries. Search results are ordered by usage frequency and complexity.
- Generate Tarsia Puzzles for students to review and practice Chinese vocabulary and phrases in groups or individually.
- Explore character formation and etymology information on the Chinese-English dictionary page for all Chinese characters. For a pictophonetic character, the system indicates which component provides the sound and which component suggests the meaning.
- Design engaging online Chinese learning games (在线游戏) using Arch Chinese's powerful Online Game Designer.
- Make domino cards for classroom games using our versatile online Domino Card Maker.
- Create Chinese word worksheets with character details, including stroke sequences, radicals, and character structure information. Chinese students can use the worksheets to practice Chinese words and individual characters at the same time.
- Learn about Parts of speech and usage frequency information for all Chinese characters and example words in our
Chinese-English dictionary. The user can sort the example words by Pinyin, usage frequency, or character count.
- Print Chinese word worksheets with character stroke sequences
- Read high-quality example sentences that demonstrate the typical sentence patterns and the usage of common characters and words. Unlike other dictionaries, our example sentences are personally created by our bilingual Mandarin Chinese teachers, not generated by machines!
- Practice handwriting with our Online Handwriting Practice tool to help students learn Chinese characters and words by writing them by hand on their smartphone or tablet
- Generate Chinese word, sentence, and Pinyin scrambles for classroom and home use. This tool can intelligently detect commonly-used words in the sentences and can generate scrambles without splitting the words.
- Design custom-themed Chinese writing paper for seasonal activities or themed Chinese lessons using the Themed Chinese Writing Paper Creator.
- Create fun and engaging Chinese character unscrambler puzzles (汉字拼图) for younger learners
- Make Chinese Word to Picture Matching Worksheets for younger learners.
- Embed interactive character animations for both simplified and traditional Chinese characters using Chinese Character Animation Maker. You can seamlessly integrate the animations into your school website, personal web pages, or social media.
- Use our Read it, Trace it, and Paste it worksheet maker tool to create great worksheets for younger Chinese learners to help them learn common Chinese characters and sentence structure.
- Print Chinese vocab list review sheets using the Chinese Vocab List Review Sheet Maker.
- Utilize our Chinese Character Poster Maker for creating stylish Chinese character wall posters using any Chinese characters. The Chinese character wall posters can be as large as 36 X 48 inches.
- Generate customizable 拼字练习 worksheets for students to construct Chinese characters from character components.
- Design Chinese character coloring sheets with pictures and stroke sequences for young learners.
- Use our Chinese Phrase Dictation Worksheet Maker for creating Chinese phrase or sentence dictation worksheets for classroom use.
- Print Name plate-like big flashcards.
- Create classroom handouts with color-coded Chinese text using our Chinese Text Color Coding tool.
- Make custom Snakes and Ladders boards with your characters and words of choice with the Snakes and Ladders Board Game Generator.
- Produce Chinese Matching Worksheets (读一读, 连一连) using the Matching Worksheet Maker.
- Merge, split, rename, move, and delete personal vocab lists.
- Use Mandarin Chinese Tone Drill tool for practicing and testing your knowledge of Mandarin Chinese Pinyin and tones. It can
help you learn and practice not only the basic tones of Mandarin, but also Mandarin tone changes (also known as tone sandhi).
- Use the Chinese character decomposition explorer
to explore the character components one layer at a time. It helps you understand the components a character is made from and how the characters and their components are related.
- Use the Chinese Word Detail View to view not just the breakdown of the word, but also synonyms, antonyms, same-head character words, same-tail character words, and words with a similar sound. The similar-sounding words include the words with the same syllables but different tones, such as xiao3 xue2 (小学, elementary school) and xiao3 xue3 (小雪, light snow). Depending on how many similar-sounding words are available, the system will intelligently identify a list of words to help users differentiate confusing pronunciations (such as zh- vs. z-, ch- vs. c-, sh- vs. s-, -ong vs. -on, -eng vs. en and -ing vs. in).
- Generate customizable Bingo cards and randomized call sheets with your own Chinese characters and words. People of all ages can learn Chinese characters and words by playing Bingo games!
- Design multiple-choice, true/false, and written quizzes using our unique Chinese Quiz Maker.
- Use the Chinese Character Agamograph Maker for creating Chinese character and picture agamograph activity sheets for your Chinese class.
- Print Chinese word or Pinyin search puzzles for younger learners using our recently added Chinese Word Search Puzzle Generator.
- Make Chinese character cards and posters with pictures for classroom use.
- Produce custom fill-in-the-blank Chinese worksheets for classroom and homework use using the Fill-in-the-blank Chinese Worksheet Maker.
- Generate Chinese number or character Sudoku puzzles with the Chinese Sudoku Puzzle Creator tool. The puzzle difficulty level can be adjusted accordingly based on the learner's age and Chinese level.
- Utilize the Four-in-a-Row Word Game Board Creator to create engaging Four-in-a-row board games to help learn Chinese words.
- Quickly create Chinese sentence copying worksheets using the Chinese Sentence Copying Worksheet Maker. Sentence-copying helps Chinese language learners master Chinese sentence structure and use commonly-used Chinese sentence patterns.
- Import vocab lists using the Import function on our Vocab List Creator page. You can also simply create a new list from any Chinese text.
- Use the 汉字组词练习 Maker to generate 汉字组词练习单 for students to make Chinese words with the given Chinese characters.
- Practice writing the Chinese words on the Chinese-English Dictionary page. Our unique handwriting recognition technology is able to identify the strokes that you need to improve, instantly provide you with the character writing hint, including the stroke name and stroke sequence, and will adjust the stroke strictness accordingly.
Design custom Chinese lessons and supplemental reading materials tailored to your classroom and the needs of your Chinese language students with
our Chinese Lesson Printable Creator.
- Create Chinese Vocab Matching Games for students to review and practice the Chinese vocabulary they have learned.
- Make a Chinese vocabulary list from any Chinese text with a single click using the Chinese Vocab List Creator tool.
- Generate Chinese synonyms and antonyms worksheets using the Chinese Synonyms & Antonyms Worksheet Maker.
- Create printable paper dice with Chinese characters or words and Pinyin or Bopomofo using the Printable Dice Maker.
- Utilize the Fill in the Missing Strokes Chinese Worksheet Maker for creating Chinese worksheets with missing strokes or missing character radicals.
- Use the Pinyin Crossword Puzzle Maker to create customizable Pinyin crossword puzzles with the Chinese words being learned and taught.
- Easily produce English-to-Chinese or Chinese-to-English translation worksheets for advanced Chinese language learners with the Sentence Translation Worksheet Maker.
- Create Chinese Word Chops worksheets using the Chinese Word Chop Worksheet Maker.
- Design custom sentence translation game boards from a list of Chinese sentences or phrases using the Sentence Translation Game Board Maker. By playing this fun Chinese sentence translation game, the students can learn and reinforce Chinese vocabulary and sentences.
- Print Chinese sentence making worksheets (用词造句) using the Sentence Making Worksheet Creator (用词造句).
- Export character stroke sequences to JPEG or PNG images.
- View Cantonese Jyutping pronunciation, character input method codes of popular Chinese character input methods, and character encoding codes of commonly-used character encoding methods.
Embed interactive character animations made from the Character Animation Creator. You can easily integrate the animations into your school or personal web pages.
Check out our simple and easy-to-use Chinese flashcard program to help you learn Chinese characters and words efficiently and effectively. You can use the predefined flashcards or create your own.
- Utilize the Pinyin Practice Sheet Maker for generating Pinyin practice sheets for Chinese learners who haven't started learning Chinese characters yet.
- Use our web-based Chinese Handwriting Input tool to type Chinese text on your PC, phone, or tablet on our website. You can switch easily between standard Pinyin input and handwriting input.
- Convert Chinese text to color-coded Pinyin and Chinese text with the Chinese Pinyin Converter.
Create custom Roll and Read game boards from a list of Chinese characters or words using the Roll-and-Read Game Board Maker.
- Customize the stroke names for the characters in the vocab lists you create and share them with your students
- Print Pinyin and Bopomofo (Zhuyin) on the generated worksheets.
- Use our web-based Chinese input method to Type Chinese Online without installing a Chinese Input Method Editor (IME).
- View our Standard Mandarin Chinese Pinyin Table that provides a complete listing of all Pinyin syllables used in standard Mandarin, including possible tone variations and their pronunciations. Users can view all the Chinese characters (along with English definitions) that have identical pronunciations but different meanings.
- Explore our Chinese Radical Table to help users search for a character easily. The table lists all the radicals for simplified Chinese characters with English tooltips. You can click on a radical to view all the characters with the radical. For some common radicals, such as 扌 and 木, there may be hundreds of characters with the radical. The system allows you to perform two-level sorting, first level by stroke count, usage frequency, or Pinyin (alphabetically), and second level by stroke count to help you find specific characters easily.
- Browse the Chinese Measure Words page that provides a complete list of the Chinese measure words, also known as classifiers, used in modern Chinese. Usage examples are also provided for each measure word.
- Use tone notation converter to convert Pinyin with tone numbers to Pinyin with tone marks.
- Convert Pinyin to Bopomofo using Pinyin to Bopomofo Converter.
- Study the the basic strokes used in modern Chinese characters.
- View the Character Stroke Order Basic Rules
- Listen to high-quality, native-speaker recordings of stroke names of the Chinese characters during the stroke order animation. Click the animated Chinese character or the Next Stroke button below the animated Chinese character to hear the pronunciation of the strokes of the character again.
- Download example sentence MP3 audio files to listen to them on your phone.
- Export your vocabulary lists to Excel or CSV files so you can transfer vocab lists easily and use them in other activities.
- Create custom vocab lists and share with your students or other Chinese learners.
- View characters with stroke by stroke animation.
- and more...